Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Library is a great Summer Actvity!




Looking for a summer activity to do with your kids? Well, believe it or not it's probably right in your back yard. Take a trip to your local library and see if they have a summer kids program. My 2 1/2 year old and I go to the Pasadena Library a couple times a week. If you sign up and document the books you read, each week you'll get a prize like chalk, a flute, crayon pack, etc.

It's a great way to get your kids involved in a fun activity and get some quality time reading books! Here are some titles we like: Duck in the Truck, Fix it Duck, Froggy Learns to Swim, and What time is it Mr Crocodile? The theme was bugs last year and this year it is "Be Creative".

It's a great activity to do with your kids and something you can do every day of the week! And the best thing is that you can go online and browse titles or authors and request books. I have found some great authors and I can find the books, request them, then the next time I go to the library, the books are on hold for me! It doesn't get any easier than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment