Saturday, January 16, 2010

Burke Williams Spa Review

For the last six months I've been a pretty high stress individual. Fortunately enough for me, my wife recognized that before Christmas and she got me a 50 minute spa treatment at Burke Williams. Although I loved the idea of getting a relaxing massage, I was very hesitant because I had only had one other massage before in my life and that was a couples massage on our honeymoon in Tahiti.

I arrived 30 minutes early and walked around the place. I had just enough time to check out the steam room and then get ready for my massage. So far so good, right? I went to the waiting room and was finally received for my massage. I signed up for a 50 minute pure relaxation massage and it was fantastic! Next time I need to find out what those warm bags of rocks were that they put under my neck. Very relaxing and I was able to put my mind at ease and not have a care in the world.

The one thing that kind of annoyed me was that about 10 minutes into the massage the lady said that I indeed had a lot of stress points and that I could benefit from a deep tissue massage for an extra $20. Now, I wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or if it was standard practice to try to upsell each customer into a better massage. I declined and then quickly forgot about it.

After the massage, I used the steam room and the dry sauna. I think I was there for almost 3 hours. The experience was awesome and I was so relaxed after it! I thanked my wife and I told her that she should get one too. Then I told her that I wanted to go on a quarterly basis and she laughed. I'm sure I'll go back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment