Saturday, June 4, 2011

I miss the old El Cholo






My family's favorite Pasadena restaurant, El Cholo, moved from it's old location on Raymond to the El Paseo shopping center and I'm afraid that something was lost in the move - the chef. My family loves El Cholo, but we've been to the new restaurant and the food is just not the same. The guacamole and margaritas are still delicious as are their basic combos - the one taco, one enchilada types. But my wife loves their enchilada suizas. She's tried it twice in the new place and found the chicken is rubbery and the sauce resembles something closer to a frozen alfredo sauce you buy in the grocery store - not the creamy flavorful sauce of the past. This is just one example. I've tried other plates like carnitas and they don't taste the same either - as if they are using less quality meats. We're not sure what happened, but we're hoping they'll find their way back to the deliciousness of before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment